In this week’s Arachnews: spider/human jam sessions, the European spider of the year, Australian bushfires and the Arthropocalypse, tracking ticks, name changes and newly described species, and more.
In 2020, we’re switching to weekly—because there’s just too much art, writing, news, and scientific research for a measly monthly digest. In this edition:
- funny & educational Twitter threads
- social spider evolution
- how mites and spiders cope with heat
- new recluse spider in Mexico
- new South African widow spider (with purple silk)!
- a glossary of the jargon I used in the article
and more! Read it on Medium.